The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship 2018) provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. Genting offer financial assistance for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated active leadership to undergo their undergraduate studies. GENM scholarship will help qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future.
Preference is given to the following fields, but not limited to:
Leisure & Hospitality
Parks & Recreation Science
Finance / Accounting
Business / Marketing
Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil)
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship 2018:
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
- Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university. Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
- Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
- STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
- A-Level: minimum 3 As, OR
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
- Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Family household income not exceeding RM5,000.00 per month.
- Not presently holding other scholarships or study loans.
- For the preferred fields and approved universities, please refer to FAQ.
How to Apply Genting Scholarships 2018
All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online submission system before the closing date.
All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
- Updated resumé – including applicant’s co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Income Tax J-Form
- One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
The total size for all attached documents should not exceed 6MB and each attachment’s size should not exceed 500KB. Please ensure that you meet the size requirements before submission because you will not be able to submit your application otherwise.
Optional: Applicants are encouraged to submit a Vsume uploaded onto Youtube (>60 seconds) as an added advantage.
All applicants need to prepare a 1-page Power Point summary to help us understand who you are, and why you deserve this scholarship. Applications are to be submitted online. Please note that application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Closing date is 31 March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an assessment.
Please visit Genting Scholarship official page here.