The Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarship Award is one of the leading programmes in the insurance industry. Every year since 1998, The Great Eastern has been the platform where almost a hundred deserving, talented, young Malaysians can pursue their dreams.
The Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarship Award 2018
To date, Great Eastern Life has awarded over RM11.2 million to 157 recipients who dared to dream, to be different, and took the lead in realising those dreams.
At The Great Eastern, we do not just provide great career opportunities for people; we also nurture, care and develop them from young – even before they begin their journey towards success.
Eligibility for Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarships Awards 2018
- Malaysian citizenship,
- Age below 22 years old,
- Attending or obtained confirmed/conditional entry into Local public or private universities for approved courses of study,
- Minimum 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent at pre-university level (STPM / Foundation / Matriculation) or 2As and 1B for A-Levels / Foundation,
- Minimum 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent at first degree studies level,
- Active member of sports and extracurricular activities.
1. Accounting and Finance
2. Actuarial Science
3. Biomedical / Biohealth
4. Business Administration
6. Engineering (Mechanical)
7. Computer Science
8. Insurance Studies
10. Mass Communication
13. Operational Research
14. Risk Management
15. Human Resource Management / Psychology
16. Decision Science
Maximum Scholarship Value (fees and living allowance)
- Local Public universities – RM15,000 per academic year,
- Local Private universities – RM25,000 per academic year.
Minimum period required by the University to complete the course of study.
Condition of the Award
Awardees must not be bonded to or holding any other scholarships or receiving financial assistance from any institutions or organisations.
Contract/Bond Period Upon Graduation: 3 years.
Full reimbursement of scholarship award received, back to Great Eastern Life.
Confirmation of Award
Provisional offer of scholarship will be made subject to the confirmation of acceptance by the educational institutions listed below.
LOCAL PRIVATE UNIVERSITY
- Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia
- HELP University
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- International Medical University (IMU)
- INTI International University
- Manipal International University
- Monash University Malaysia
- Multimedia University
- Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
- Sunway University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Taylor’s University
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
- University of Reading Malaysia Campus (UoRM)
- University of Southampton Malaysia Campus
LOCAL PUBLIC UNIVERSITY
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- University of Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
For further details please contact:
Human Capital, Level 19
Menara Great Eastern
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
To submit an application*, please download the application form here.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
*Only fillable PDF application form is acceptable, other formats (ie: JPEG) will be rejected.